Receivable/Accounts - Information for Credit and Collection Issues

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Thanks, Jim


I found out earlier this week that Jim Carr had passed away.  Jim had been serving legal claims for me through his company Hamilton-Toronto Process Serving for over 20 years, and if you asked me who the best process server was in our business, I would have told you Jim Carr, hands down.  I honestly have a hard time believing he is gone.

I remember shortly after Jim and I met each other and I had started to give him process serving work … many, many years ago … we had worked on a couple of tough claims together, and we were just getting to know how each other worked.  He called me up one day and asked if we could go to lunch later that week … and he took me to Shakespear’s in Hamilton.  For anyone who has ever been there, they know it’s a very high end restaurant, certainly not a place you take a young collection manager to after only working together a month or so.  But that’s the kind of person Jim was … it wasn’t just a job, or a client, or a legal claim, he was personally invested in getting to know the people he worked with, the files he was handling, and he took the time to do things right.

Over the years, Jim stayed in touch with me whether I had legal claims to send him or not – he wasn’t looking for more business, but because he was genuinely interested in how I was doing, and staying in touch.  Our conversations were never dull, and I thought the world of him.  He was honest, spoke his mind, and took everything thrown at him in stride.

This week, I heard from three different colleagues in the credit industry about Jim – they were all devastated by the loss of a man we only knew through work.  I think that says volumes about what kind of person he was. 

Details on his visitation are here

My deepest condolences to Jim’s family and co-workers, and if I can pay back in any way the time and effort Jim took in my life to those he left behind, I’m a phone call away.

Thanks Jim, for everything.  I’ll miss you.

Blair DeMarco-Wettlaufer
Kingston Data and Credit
226-946-1730




No comments:

Post a Comment